Friday, November 4, 2011

A Few of my Favorite Things

With my birthday only a week away I thought I'd share my wish list which is just a little collection of the things that make me happy.  A few I may actually obtain in the coming week, but some are way beyond my price range... so if there are any loving and extremely generous people out there, take note!

1. Marlo Adelle hair fascinator.  This talented young lady is based here in Austin and I already own a few of her pieces I bought at Parts & Labour on S Congress.  What I love most about them (aside from their stunning aesthetic appeal) is the quality.  I have had one for over a year and worn it countless times to clubs, parties, etc, and it still looks like it did the day I bought it.  The newest one I would like to add to my collection comes from her 'Cities of Love Plumettes' collection.  Check out her website HERE.


2. Fox Stole.  I've been enamored with fur since I was in 4th grade when my best friend received a white rabbit coat for her 9th birthday.  She would indulge my obsession by letting me wear it whenever I wanted, and thus began my love affair with fur.  I have a soft spot for white fox stoles, because it screams vintage glamour; like this one worn by Marilyn herself.  How can you not love this?!

Image from CNBC

3. Dior perfume; Miss Dior Cherie.  I bought this last year in Paris and fell in love instantly.  Since I bought it during the time I was living there, whenever I wear it I am immediately transported back to that wonderful period of my life.  That nostalgia makes me too happy to even express.

Image from StyleFrizz

4. The Pie Society's Austin Creme Pie.  I tried this for the first time about a month ago at a CultureMap party here in town and I cannot express how amazing this pie is.  The local twist on a traditional favorite will have you licking your plate once you've finished.  I've since ordered an assortment of their amazing treats and am thoroughly addicted.  The wonderful twosome behind these fantastic confections are also based here in Austin and if you're within the city, delivery is free!  Check out their website HERE. 


5. Yves Saint Laurent Large 'Roady' in Grey Polished Leather.  I adore the simplicity of this hobo style bag and the large size would more than hold my daily essentials.  I love clean, classic styles and I think this bag totally exemplifies that.  Also, the grey chosen is very prominent this fall and definitely one of my new favorite shades for accessories. 




Of course above all my for my birthday I want to spend it with my loved ones.  I already know this wish will come true thanks to my fantastic friends coming from all over to spend my weekend with me.  Can't wait to celebrate with everyone!

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment