Wednesday, November 2, 2011

For the love of Vanity

One piece of furniture I've always romanticized is the vanity table.  As much as I loved them growing up, I always thought it was the epitome of vanity (hence it's name) for a woman and never envisioned owning one.  WELL... I'm redoing my bedroom in the coming months and one thing very high on my list is a vintage vanity table to lovingly showcase my beauty essentials.  In all honesty I loathe doing my hair and makeup in the bathroom after I've showered, so why this never clicked before, I'm not quite sure.  Although I never considered this beautiful item a necessity in years past, I'm sure once I get one I won't be able to imagine a life without it.  I may just have to get a ridiculously lush robe as well like these ladies to give it the full effect!





Classic photographs of Liz Taylor, Jean Harlow, Marlene Dietrich, and Janet Gaynor via Google Images.
 

2 comments:

  1. Mommy made a vanity table for me in my room at our house in Hermosa Beach. If memory serves, the fabric was pink and white stripes and I believe she used thumbtacks to attach it to the table. I was 8.

    ReplyDelete