Wednesday, November 23, 2011

One for the dogs...

As I was reading the December issue of Vanity Fair  I came across this photo of Scarlett Johansson.

Image via Hungeree

It caught my eye because of the dog.  I absolutely love when dogs are used in fashion photography.  It's such a throwback to the historical notion that owning a purebred dog symbolized wealth and privilege... which is obviously a huge part of the high fashion society.  And with that, I began endlessly searching the internet for more dog-meets-fashion images that are just as eye catching.

Louis Vitton ad via FootLuxe

Katy Perry for Vanity Fair via Franzi's Style Nomad Blog

Jennifer Lopez for Vogue via Blouge

I think the real reason I noticed this today must have something to do with the trend among personal style bloggers to do the same.  They may not be as glamorous as the magazine photo shoots, but their picture perfect pooches are adorable none the less.

Image via Keiko Lynn

Image via The Glamouri


This post really has no other rhyme or reason than to share my affinity for our furry friends.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone and have a great holiday weekend!








2 comments:

  1. what would we do without our furry friends, they are priceless!

    fashionableroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely blog!I love the pictures. Especially the one with Katy Perry<3

    Would you mind following each other?

    xoxo

    thefashionwayfarer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete